LA CROSSE, WI - An investigation is underway into an early Monday morning fire in downtown La Crosse.
Nobody was hurt. The call about the fire at 720 Main Street came in just after 5 a.m.
La Crosse fire fighters attacked the second floor fire while search crews evacuated tenants from the apartments, which is above Treasures on Main. The fire was containted to the apartment where it started.
The business Treasures on Main was not damaged in the fire.
Three American Red Cross volunteer disaster responders are helping a family of three that was affected by the early morning fire.
The Red Cross is providing food, clothing and temporary lodging for the family.
Fire fighters say the cause of the fire has been determined, but has not been released yet.21968362
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death