LA CROSSE, WI - An investigation is underway into an early Monday morning fire in downtown La Crosse.
Nobody was hurt. The call about the fire at 720 Main Street came in just after 5 a.m.
La Crosse fire fighters attacked the second floor fire while search crews evacuated tenants from the apartments, which is above Treasures on Main. The fire was containted to the apartment where it started.
The business Treasures on Main was not damaged in the fire.
Three American Red Cross volunteer disaster responders are helping a family of three that was affected by the early morning fire.
The Red Cross is providing food, clothing and temporary lodging for the family.
Fire fighters say the cause of the fire has been determined, but has not been released yet.21968362
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Company says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline
- Fatal shooting investigated in Bloomington