TOWN OF SHELBY, Wis. (WKBT) - No foul play is suspected in the death of a 58-year-old woman from the Town of Shelby, according to the La Crosse County Sheriff's Department.
Nancy Fotland died after her mobile home caught fire at W5445 County Road F on Friday, February 7.
The sheriff's department said investigtors were not able to determine the cause of the fire.
The La Crosse County medical examiner has identified the victim of of a fatal fire in the Town of Shelby Friday morning.
Nancy Fotland, 58, of La Crosse, died after her mobile home caught fire at the Bluffview Mobile Home Park off County Road F.
Town of Shelby Assitant Fire Chief Tony Holinka says a neighbor tried to get into the mobile home to help Fotland escape the fire. The neighbor made it partway into the home, but had to leave because it was so hot.
Firefighters later found the Fotland's badly burned body.
"We found the victim in the hallways between the room where the fire was, and the exit. So she was on her way out, but didn't make it," says Holinka.
Fotland's body has been taken to Dane County Medical Examiners for an autopsy.
Nobody else was hurt. The mobile home was destroyed., but no other homes were damaged. The cause of the fire is not known at this time.
- The Latest: Trump take executive action on oil pipelines
- Minnesota governor eyes fast return to work after collapse
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked
- Bipartisan proposal would eliminate publishing minutes
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child arrested in NY