LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A La Crosse musician making his name in New York is giving back to his hometown.
Dave Marck has worked as a pianist and jazz musician in New York for the past 30 years. He and his family grew up in La Crosse, and now they're hoping to help kids here get interested in the arts.
On Wednesday, he talked to kids at Logan Middle School about jazz music. His family is also pitching in a large amount of money to help the school buy a new grand piano for the auditorium.
"La Crosse is such an extraordinary community," said Marck. "For a relatively small community, it has so many things going for it, particularly its support of the arts. So my sisters and I wanted to get a great piano in a great space to facilitate great performances, and we hope to do that."
Marck is also offering a community jazz concert while he's in town. The concert will be held at the Viterbo Fine Arts center on Wednesday, September 14th at 7:30 p.m. The concert is free and open to the public, and families with children are encouraged to attend.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US