LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - La Crosse's new garbage and recycling system officially begins Monday.
Harter's is leading the automated trash pick-up, complete with new bins and a new way to get rid of your garbage. Starting Monday, trucks will no longer pick up your old garbage cans. They ask that you leave your new bins out, about three feet away from each other, for easy access.
"The best thing for me to tell people is, after the guys have gone through and dumped your cart, where they set it - try to put it there next week. Because that's where we want it," said Gary Harter, manager of the company.
Getting rid of large items will now cost you. You'll have to pay for every large item you want to get rid of. Prices range from 15 to 25 dollars, depending on the item.
"Tell them you want your large item picked up - and then you'll pay by credit card over the phone when you order the pick-up and we'll pick it up on your recycling day," Harter said.24250286
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?