LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - La Crosse's new garbage and recycling system officially begins Monday.
Harter's is leading the automated trash pick-up, complete with new bins and a new way to get rid of your garbage. Starting Monday, trucks will no longer pick up your old garbage cans. They ask that you leave your new bins out, about three feet away from each other, for easy access.
"The best thing for me to tell people is, after the guys have gone through and dumped your cart, where they set it - try to put it there next week. Because that's where we want it," said Gary Harter, manager of the company.
Getting rid of large items will now cost you. You'll have to pay for every large item you want to get rid of. Prices range from 15 to 25 dollars, depending on the item.
"Tell them you want your large item picked up - and then you'll pay by credit card over the phone when you order the pick-up and we'll pick it up on your recycling day," Harter said.24250286
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- CSAs connecting fresh produce to consumers
- La Crosse 12-year-old to clean up skate park with community help
- Thousands honored in La Crosse for volunteering
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation