LA CROSSE, Wis. -- Free Entertainment over your lunch break in downtown La Crosse. That's the goal a group of local organizations this summer.14422728
Every week, a different music group will take the stage on the bandshell in Riverside park and play a free concert. Music will be performed Thursday's from 11:30 to 1:30 p.m. "So if you have a half hour - hour for lunch, you can meet your family, friends, co-workers, stop and have lunch and listen to some fantastic musicians in the setting of the Mississippi River and the Coulee Region," says Terry Bauer from Valley View Rotary Club.
The first performance will be June 14th featuring 3-time Grammy winner Bill Miller. A free-will offering will be collected to support updates to the bandshell.
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Injured Packers Nelson, Adams could be game-time decisions
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says