LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - La Crosse has a new semi professional ballet company.
Ballet La Crosse is the creation of Misty Lown, the owner and director of Misty's Dance Unlimited.
It's giving 70 local young dancers a taste of what it's like to work in professional ballet. "La Crosse is the perfect area to bring a semi professional company to town, because we're far enough away from the big cities where kids are not going to have the opportunity to experience something like this that really mirrors the profressional world, unless they did drive up to Minneapolis, Milwaukee, or Chicago," said Lown.
The company has its debut performance this weekend. It's an original show called "Marushka and the Four Seasons."
Aquinas high school junior Chiara Ruff is dancing the title role. She's excited to take on something new. "Excited is definitely an understatement. I'm ecstatic to be in this. It's an adorable story line, I mean who doesn't love that whole Cinderella story with a happy ending. It's perfect, and it's all original," said Ruff.
The show debuts at 7:00 p.m. on Saturday at the Weber Center for the Arts.23197706
- Poll shows lack of support of higher taxes for roads
- Poll shows most Wisconsinites oppose repealing health law
- Democrat Vinehout registers to run for governor
- Trump's approval rating worsens in Wisconsin
- Man who died during armed robbery identified
- Gov. Walker announces campaign to promote veteran-owned businesses
- Witnesses heard engine backfire before Wisconsin plane crash
- Shop owners, police stress firework safety and legality
- Walker approval rating at highest level since October 2014
- Fireworks Recalled due to burn and injury hazards