VIROQUA, WI - Vernon Co. residents now have easier access to a non-profit reproductive services clinic.
Options Clinic held a grand opening Thursday at its newest location in Viroqua.
Residents were able to tour the new facility and learn about the services the clinic has to offer.
The executive director says it's a much needed service for the county. "Vernon Co. has a high rate of uninsured and a high rate of poverty, so access to reproductive family planning healthcare and family planning is definitely something women and men need in this county," said Beth Hartung.
The clinic is dedicated in memory of Dr. Rick Renwick from Gundersen Health System who passed away this summer when his plane crashed in northern Wisconsin.21618472
His daughter says it's quite the honor. "My dad spent his career focused on women's health and it was always incredibly important to him that these services were provided throughout Wisconsin, so we're really proud of him," said Danielle Renwick.
Options now has five clinics operating in as many counties.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building