LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A new option is on the table for the future of the La Crosse County Administrative Center.
The Associated Bank building on 7th and State Streets is now being considered as a possible location.
The county has been looking at several different options for the aging administrative center over the past several months.
Monday night, two county committees took steps to pursue the new option involving the purchase of the bank building.
Other ideas were to renovate the existing administrative center or add on to the adjacent health and human services building.
County leaders hope this latest plan will be the final one. "In the last several weeks, this other option came into play. We don't have a done deal, but we want to look into it thoroughly because it could potentially save the taxpayers money," said the Chair of the county's Administration Campus Study Committee Joe Veenstra.
Borton Construction and 360 Real Estate want to buy the existing administrative center building and turn it into student housing. However, any purchase is contingent on the deal with Associated Bank going through.
The county plans to meet again Thursday to discuss this possible deal.23916194
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Icy weather brings danger
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse