LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A new option is on the table for the future of the La Crosse County Administrative Center.
The Associated Bank building on 7th and State Streets is now being considered as a possible location.
The county has been looking at several different options for the aging administrative center over the past several months.
Monday night, two county committees took steps to pursue the new option involving the purchase of the bank building.
Other ideas were to renovate the existing administrative center or add on to the adjacent health and human services building.
County leaders hope this latest plan will be the final one. "In the last several weeks, this other option came into play. We don't have a done deal, but we want to look into it thoroughly because it could potentially save the taxpayers money," said the Chair of the county's Administration Campus Study Committee Joe Veenstra.
Borton Construction and 360 Real Estate want to buy the existing administrative center building and turn it into student housing. However, any purchase is contingent on the deal with Associated Bank going through.
The county plans to meet again Thursday to discuss this possible deal.23916194
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership