LA CROSSE, WI - Designs will soon be on their way to potential builders for La Crosse's new Northside Elementary School.
A group of administrators, school staff, and community members have met several times with architects to develop the school's layout. That's everything from hallways to color schemes.
They presented it to the school board Monday night.21347918
The next step is to send it off to would-be builders. "I would anticipate we'll put it out to bids tomorrow (Tuesday). It will probably take about 3 weeks or so for all the bids to come back in and some time last week of August I would expect the board would consider a bid before moving forward," said Superintendent Randy Nelson at Monday night's board meeting.
Nelson says he expects a groundbreaking ceremony to happen the first week of September.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration