SHEBOYGAN, Wis. (AP) -- The man who won a recall election for mayor of Sheboygan will be sworn in Monday night.
Terry Van Akkeren will serve the remainder of Bob Ryan's term, which ends in April of next year. Some officials who worked with Ryan during his nearly 3 years as mayor say he has done some good things for the city, including attracting new business and industry to the community. Sheboygan County Board chairman Mike Vandersteen says Ryan's accomplishments were unfortunately overshadowed by the negative attention of his public battle with alcoholism.
The Sheboygan Press reports Ryan said after the recall election results were announced that he would not run for mayor of Sheboygan again.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns