LA CROSSE, Wis. - What started as an effort to repair a fountain becomes a much bigger project.
A committee is in the very beginning stages of turning the plaza outside of the main branch of La Crosse's Public Library into something completely different.
A number of ideas have been presented including adding more green space, planting areas, shade, and color.21011608
The goal is to make the area more attractive. "This is Main Street, we are the eastern anchor to the downtown, you drive past us on your way to all sorts of important areas, including Grandad Bluff, so we'd like to make it more welcoming," said Library Director Kelly Krieg-Sigman.
The project should be in a design phase for the next two years. After that, they'll start seeking donations.
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Alcohol use among Wisconsin senior citizens on the rise
- Dayton names new Minnesota State Lottery director
- Walker hopes Trump's tough talk catches Canada's attention