LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Construction on La Crosse's new Northside Elementary school is on schedule despite the bitterly cold winter.
Crews are working on the building's lower level and will start putting dry wall in some of its classrooms.
The construction crews are working in stages so no matter what the temperature is, progress is made everyday. "I think they are absolutely ingenious in the way that they have staged this and moved it forward so that even in the coldest of cold weather, there can be progress being made," said Superintendent Randy Nelson.
The school district's goal is to have students in the building next fall.
- Holmen man sentenced for 2015 murder
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse
- Herberger's moving into former Macy's location in La Crosse