LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Construction on La Crosse's new Northside Elementary school is on schedule despite the bitterly cold winter.
Crews are working on the building's lower level and will start putting dry wall in some of its classrooms.
The construction crews are working in stages so no matter what the temperature is, progress is made everyday. "I think they are absolutely ingenious in the way that they have staged this and moved it forward so that even in the coldest of cold weather, there can be progress being made," said Superintendent Randy Nelson.
The school district's goal is to have students in the building next fall.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016