LA CROSSE, Wis. - La Crosse's public library is making it easier to find your favorite book.
The library is installing a digital catalog system which lets you search for a book in the entire Winding Rivers Library System.
The new software connects all the library catalogs in the region on one search screen.
The hope is to make searching for a book in the system more effective while saving you more time.
"It will be a more 'Google-like' search screen, everything, a very clean crisp search screen so that will be our first big improvement. The next big improvement will be integrated articles so when people search they can search for books, they can search for articles all on one screen," said the Winding River's Library System Director Kristen Anderson.
The new software connects more than 28 library catalogs in our region.
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged Dec. 22 shooting
- Wisconsin student wants sex charges dismissed
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says
- Search resumes for girl missing in western Iowa river
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run