LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - New details are released as La Crosse police continue their investigation into a stabbing on the city's northside over the weekend.
The incident happened around 8:50 p.m. Saturday night on 1111 Island Street, behind the Kwik Trip on Lang Drive in La Crosse. First responders on the scene said that one man was stabbed multiple times.
Police said Monday that the 25-year-old man sent to the hospital with life-threatening injuries may actually be the suspect, and that the stabbing may have been done in self-defense. The other person involved in the altercation had minor injuries but did not need medical attention. It's possible the two knew each other.
No names are being released at this time and no one has been charged yet as police continue to sift through all of the evidence.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather