LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - A new choice is likely coming for students and parents in the La Crosse School District.
The School board approved a grant Monday night for a new charter high school.
The 7 Rivers Community High School will be a project-learning based school, similar to the La Crosse Design Institute for middle school students. It will be the first charter high school in the district.
There's a lot of work to do over the next couple of months and it still needs the Department of Public Instruction to sign off on the grant.
The district says it's worth it to give the students options. "Every single student learns differently and this is an opportunity for students that might meet this type of learning environment to explore and be creative," said the district's Career and Choice Education Supervisor Annette O'Hern.
The district hopes to open the school next fall. It will be housed at Logan High School.23041234
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Nebraska, Iowa Guard troops assigned inauguration duties
- E. Iowa man charged in death of woman killed by cannon
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge