LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - A new choice is likely coming for students and parents in the La Crosse School District.
The School board approved a grant Monday night for a new charter high school.
The 7 Rivers Community High School will be a project-learning based school, similar to the La Crosse Design Institute for middle school students. It will be the first charter high school in the district.
There's a lot of work to do over the next couple of months and it still needs the Department of Public Instruction to sign off on the grant.
The district says it's worth it to give the students options. "Every single student learns differently and this is an opportunity for students that might meet this type of learning environment to explore and be creative," said the district's Career and Choice Education Supervisor Annette O'Hern.
The district hopes to open the school next fall. It will be housed at Logan High School.23041234
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day