LA CROSSE, Wis. - A new bus system bringing people from outlying counties into La Crosse is offering a free ride.
The Scenic Mississippi Regional Transit is a new bus system taking passengers from Crawford and Vernon Co.'s to the La Crosse area and a number of stops along the way.
All next week anyone can use the service free of charge. Typically, it costs $3 for a one way trip.18370910
The bus has only been running for about a month and already they've seen 208 passengers on the buses. "We've got college students, we've got other employees that work at the college in La Crosse, folks that work at Gundersen Lutheran, Trane," said the bus company's Vice President Justin Running.
A full schedule and list of stops is available on the company's website: ridesmrt.com.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Icy weather brings danger
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin