LA CROSSE, Wis. - A new bus system bringing people from outlying counties into La Crosse is offering a free ride.
The Scenic Mississippi Regional Transit is a new bus system taking passengers from Crawford and Vernon Co.'s to the La Crosse area and a number of stops along the way.
All next week anyone can use the service free of charge. Typically, it costs $3 for a one way trip.18370910
The bus has only been running for about a month and already they've seen 208 passengers on the buses. "We've got college students, we've got other employees that work at the college in La Crosse, folks that work at Gundersen Lutheran, Trane," said the bus company's Vice President Justin Running.
A full schedule and list of stops is available on the company's website: ridesmrt.com.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting