LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - UW-La Crosse baseball players tested out the new field Friday at their new home ball park.
The new AstroTurf infield at Copeland Park is in place and ready to be used. It took five weeks to get the field looking like it does today.
The ball players fielded some grounders on what the Logger's General Manager says is a significant enhancement to the park that's used about 200 times a year. "This is going to increase the chance of playability all the time, especially in the spring when winter and the elements play a roll, and it's a gorgeous surface, it's a pristine surface out here all the time, and it should make Copeland Park one of the finest playing facilities in the Midwest," said Chris Goodell.
Future renovation plans include a video scoreboard and batting cages.
UW-La Crosse has its first home game scheduled for March 26th.22998788
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- GOP gets in lockstep in looming budget fight with Dayton
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 motorcyclists