LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - UW-La Crosse baseball players tested out the new field Friday at their new home ball park.
The new AstroTurf infield at Copeland Park is in place and ready to be used. It took five weeks to get the field looking like it does today.
The ball players fielded some grounders on what the Logger's General Manager says is a significant enhancement to the park that's used about 200 times a year. "This is going to increase the chance of playability all the time, especially in the spring when winter and the elements play a roll, and it's a gorgeous surface, it's a pristine surface out here all the time, and it should make Copeland Park one of the finest playing facilities in the Midwest," said Chris Goodell.
Future renovation plans include a video scoreboard and batting cages.
UW-La Crosse has its first home game scheduled for March 26th.22998788
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.