LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Neighborhood residents helped La Crosse police arrest a 30-year-old man on drug charges.
La Crosse Neighborhood Response Officers received complaints from residents, which pointed police to possible drug activity at 907 5th Avenue South.
On Tuesday, May 20, Neighborhood Response Officers Nathan Poke and Dan Ulrich, along with members of the Investigative Services Bureau, arrested Jacob R. Lewis after he sold methamphetamine to a police confidential informant.
Lewis was arrested on the following charges:
Two counts of felony delivery of methamphetamine
Felony possession of a controlled substance
Three counts of bail jumping
Possession of THC
Local outstanding warrant
La Crosse police said the arrest would not have been possible without collaboration between neighborhood residents and Neighborhood Response Officers.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration