GERMANTOWN, Wis. (AP) - Neighbors in a small Washington County community were evacuated when a man barricaded himself in a home with more than 20 guns.
A SWAT team surrounded the house Sunday afternoon. The standoff ended five hours later. Authorities say the man took his own life.
WISN-TV says after neighbors returned to their homes, the bomb squad was called because of possible explosives in the home. Police say officers found two replica hand grenades.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.