GERMANTOWN, Wis. (AP) - Neighbors in a small Washington County community were evacuated when a man barricaded himself in a home with more than 20 guns.
A SWAT team surrounded the house Sunday afternoon. The standoff ended five hours later. Authorities say the man took his own life.
WISN-TV says after neighbors returned to their homes, the bomb squad was called because of possible explosives in the home. Police say officers found two replica hand grenades.
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Company says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline
- Fatal shooting investigated in Bloomington