LA CROSSE, Wis. - In the coming weeks, neighbors will be out helping neighbors.
The annual La Crosse Jaycee's Neighbors Day is scheduled for April 20th.
It's a day where volunteer groups go out into the community and help spruce up the homes of the elderly and people with disabilities for Spring.19618314
Right now, the group is looking for people who want help, and volunteers to work a few hours on a Saturday. "The work you're going to be doing is raking, trimming shrubs, washing windows, turning gardens, so outdoor work, in the sunshine," said Sara Halberg from the Jaycees.
Volunteers can sign up to help until the day of. Anyone looking to have some work done on their yard needs to apply by this Friday.
You can find more information and a registration form on the city's website at cityoflacrosse.org.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.