LA CROSSE, Wis. - In the coming weeks, neighbors will be out helping neighbors.
The annual La Crosse Jaycee's Neighbors Day is scheduled for April 20th.
It's a day where volunteer groups go out into the community and help spruce up the homes of the elderly and people with disabilities for Spring.19618314
Right now, the group is looking for people who want help, and volunteers to work a few hours on a Saturday. "The work you're going to be doing is raking, trimming shrubs, washing windows, turning gardens, so outdoor work, in the sunshine," said Sara Halberg from the Jaycees.
Volunteers can sign up to help until the day of. Anyone looking to have some work done on their yard needs to apply by this Friday.
You can find more information and a registration form on the city's website at cityoflacrosse.org.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building