LA CROSSE, Wis. -- The summer months are a difficult time for blood donations. That's something the Blood Center of Wisconsin is hoping to fix with a number of local drives.
The Blood Center is having a three day community drive at the La Crosse Center through Thursday.15317660
Organizers are hoping for 250 people to successfully donate and are especially looking for people with the "O negative" blood type, better known as the universal donor.
They're optimistic for this drive thanks to a strong incentive. "We're looking forward to a lot of donors coming down, we're giving away Riverfest Buttons for all attempting donors, so you can give blood then have a fun time at Riverfest," says Shari Vanderbusch from the Blood Center.
The drive continues Wednesday from noon until 6 p.m. and Thursday from 7 p.m. to 1 p.m.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse