LA CROSSE, Wis. -- The summer months are a difficult time for blood donations. That's something the Blood Center of Wisconsin is hoping to fix with a number of local drives.
The Blood Center is having a three day community drive at the La Crosse Center through Thursday.15317660
Organizers are hoping for 250 people to successfully donate and are especially looking for people with the "O negative" blood type, better known as the universal donor.
They're optimistic for this drive thanks to a strong incentive. "We're looking forward to a lot of donors coming down, we're giving away Riverfest Buttons for all attempting donors, so you can give blood then have a fun time at Riverfest," says Shari Vanderbusch from the Blood Center.
The drive continues Wednesday from noon until 6 p.m. and Thursday from 7 p.m. to 1 p.m.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser