ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - More than 1,000 people in La Crosse County took advantage of the April 26 drug drop-off event.
There were five locations in the county collecting any unwanted or unused medication. It was part of a state-wide effort.
In La Crosse County, 1,882 pounds of medication and 232 pounds of needles were dropped off. They were boxed, sealed and secured before being transported to the Drug Enforcement Administration to be safely destroyed.
Another drug drop-off is expected sometime this summer.
- Suspect in Vernon Co. standoff in custody
- Assignment: Education - Backpack meals
- La Crosse County Health Department installs two needle drop off boxes in La Crosse
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Giving Motherhood a microphone
- Vikings say goodbye to Adrian Peterson, will see him Week 1 vs Saints
- La Crosse Recycling Fair begins this Sunday
- ‘Youth & Government Day' offers students insight into local government
- Quarry blast shakes ground throughout Mankato