ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - More than 1,000 people in La Crosse County took advantage of the April 26 drug drop-off event.
There were five locations in the county collecting any unwanted or unused medication. It was part of a state-wide effort.
In La Crosse County, 1,882 pounds of medication and 232 pounds of needles were dropped off. They were boxed, sealed and secured before being transported to the Drug Enforcement Administration to be safely destroyed.
Another drug drop-off is expected sometime this summer.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.