MENOMONIE, Wis. (AP) - The Wisconsin State Patrol has released the names of the victims of Thursday's crash involving two semis in Dunn County on I-94 east bound.
John Philippi, 45, of Stacy, Minnnesota, was killed. He drove for Logistics Services, Inc., out of Eagen, Minnesota. Robert Denton, 48, of Matton, Illinois, suffered non-life-threatening injuries. He drove for Roy W. Overton Trucking out of Matton, Illinois.
The State Patrol said the crash happened at about 12:55 a.m. on I-94 east bound at mile marker 35, about six miles west of the City of Menomonie.
An alternate route was set up because of the crash, sending east bound traffic north on HWY 128, east on UW HWY 12 to the City of Menomonie where they could get back on I-94.
The State Patrol is still investigating the crash. The State Patrol was assisted by the St. Croix County Sheriff's Department, Woodville Police Department, Dunn County Highway Department, and the St. Croix County Highway Department
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands