MENOMONIE, Wis. (AP) - The Wisconsin State Patrol has released the names of the victims of Thursday's crash involving two semis in Dunn County on I-94 east bound.
John Philippi, 45, of Stacy, Minnnesota, was killed. He drove for Logistics Services, Inc., out of Eagen, Minnesota. Robert Denton, 48, of Matton, Illinois, suffered non-life-threatening injuries. He drove for Roy W. Overton Trucking out of Matton, Illinois.
The State Patrol said the crash happened at about 12:55 a.m. on I-94 east bound at mile marker 35, about six miles west of the City of Menomonie.
An alternate route was set up because of the crash, sending east bound traffic north on HWY 128, east on UW HWY 12 to the City of Menomonie where they could get back on I-94.
The State Patrol is still investigating the crash. The State Patrol was assisted by the St. Croix County Sheriff's Department, Woodville Police Department, Dunn County Highway Department, and the St. Croix County Highway Department
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- Bushes' spokesman: George H.W., Barbara 'both on the upswing'
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Competency hearing sought for Iowan accused of voting twice