ONALASKA, WI - The La Crosse County Sheriff's Department has released the name of the woman who died in a head-on crash on Highway HD north of Highway 53 in the Town of Onalaska on Friday.
Cheri Fraser, 53, of Holmen, was killed on impact. The crash happened at 4:25 p.m.
The sheriff's department said Jeanette Bjorge, 57, of Holmen, was driving an SUV when she lost control of her vehicle, crossed the grass median and struck Fraser's northbound car head-on.
Bjorge was transported to Gundersen Health System with non-life-threatening injuries.
The sheriff's department said alcohol was not likely a cause of the crash. The confirmation will be made through blood tests and further investigation. The Wisconsin State Patrol is reconstructing the crash.21659112
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death