CLARK COUNTY, WI - The Clark County Sheriff's Office has released the name of the man who died in a crash on CTH T in Hixon.
Jeffrey Gaede, 54, died after losing control of his car, going into a ditch and hitting a tree on early Thursday morning.
Lisa Gaede, 30, was a passenger in the car. She was flown to Ministry St. Joseph's Hospital in Marshfield for treatment.
A Village of Withee man died after losing control of his car and crashing into a tree in the Township of Hixon early Thursday morning on CTH T.
The Clark County Sheriff's Office said the initial investigation shows that the northbound vehicle crossed the road entering the west ditch around 3:15 a.m., hit a mailbox and went air born and then came to a rest as it hit a tree.
A passenger in the car was able to call for help and was flown to Ministry St. Joseph's Hospital in Marshfield for incapacitating injuries. The driver was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver and passenger were not wearing seatbelts. Their names have not been released yet.
Authorities say speed and suspicion of alcohol are factors in the crash. This is the seventh fatal crash in Clark County in 2013.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns
- CSAs connecting fresh produce to consumers
- La Crosse 12-year-old to clean up skate park with community help
- Thousands honored in La Crosse for volunteering