CLARK COUNTY, WI - The Clark County Sheriff's Office has released the name of the man who died in a crash on CTH T in Hixon.
Jeffrey Gaede, 54, died after losing control of his car, going into a ditch and hitting a tree on early Thursday morning.
Lisa Gaede, 30, was a passenger in the car. She was flown to Ministry St. Joseph's Hospital in Marshfield for treatment.
A Village of Withee man died after losing control of his car and crashing into a tree in the Township of Hixon early Thursday morning on CTH T.
The Clark County Sheriff's Office said the initial investigation shows that the northbound vehicle crossed the road entering the west ditch around 3:15 a.m., hit a mailbox and went air born and then came to a rest as it hit a tree.
A passenger in the car was able to call for help and was flown to Ministry St. Joseph's Hospital in Marshfield for incapacitating injuries. The driver was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver and passenger were not wearing seatbelts. Their names have not been released yet.
Authorities say speed and suspicion of alcohol are factors in the crash. This is the seventh fatal crash in Clark County in 2013.
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Monday closings due to weather
- UPDATE: Tomah police believe they captured the suspects involved in a high speed chase Sunday
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser