CLARK COUNTY, WI - The Clark County Sheriff's Office released the name of the Neillsville man who died in a car crash early Wednesday morning.
Shannon Melvin, 39, was killed instantly after his car went into a south ditch and rolled over several times.
The Sheriff's Office said they had received a report of a vehicle driving through yards in the area of Grand Avenue and South Mound Road in the Township of Pine Valley around 1:10 a.m. Wednesday.
A sheriff's deputy was eastbound on South Mound Road from County Highway G when a car crossed the center of the roadway and almost hit the squad car. The deputy said he followed the car with his lights and sirens on.
About three-quarters of a mile west of County Highway G the deputy said he saw the vehicle, driven by Melvin, entered the south ditch, overturned numerous times and landed on its wheels. This is the eighth fatality for Clark County this year.
The passenger, 36-year-old Ana B. Hannon-Abraira, of Neillsville, was severely injured.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration