CLARK COUNTY, WI - The Clark County Sheriff's Office released the name of the Neillsville man who died in a car crash early Wednesday morning.
Shannon Melvin, 39, was killed instantly after his car went into a south ditch and rolled over several times.
The Sheriff's Office said they had received a report of a vehicle driving through yards in the area of Grand Avenue and South Mound Road in the Township of Pine Valley around 1:10 a.m. Wednesday.
A sheriff's deputy was eastbound on South Mound Road from County Highway G when a car crossed the center of the roadway and almost hit the squad car. The deputy said he followed the car with his lights and sirens on.
About three-quarters of a mile west of County Highway G the deputy said he saw the vehicle, driven by Melvin, entered the south ditch, overturned numerous times and landed on its wheels. This is the eighth fatality for Clark County this year.
The passenger, 36-year-old Ana B. Hannon-Abraira, of Neillsville, was severely injured.
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Luger plans to stay involved in counter-extremism efforts
- Another baby turned over under Iowa safe haven law
- I-94 eastbound near Eau Claire closed late Thursday due to crash
- Bond reduced in university student death case