MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. -- A mystery donor to the Twin Cities Salvation Army has inspired a copycat.
A donor has dropped $1,000 into a red kettle at least six times in Minneapolis. Officials believe all six of those donations were from the same person because of how the bills were folded.
But earlier this week, another thousand-dollar donation was slipped into a Salvation Army kettle. This time, there was a note attached saying the donor was inspired by the other generous holiday giver.7019048
Wisconsin is seeing its share of generous giving too. An anonymous donor in Green Bay dropped a gold coin into a red kettle this week. That coin was found to be worth 16-hundred dollars.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US