MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. -- A mystery donor to the Twin Cities Salvation Army has inspired a copycat.
A donor has dropped $1,000 into a red kettle at least six times in Minneapolis. Officials believe all six of those donations were from the same person because of how the bills were folded.
But earlier this week, another thousand-dollar donation was slipped into a Salvation Army kettle. This time, there was a note attached saying the donor was inspired by the other generous holiday giver.7019048
Wisconsin is seeing its share of generous giving too. An anonymous donor in Green Bay dropped a gold coin into a red kettle this week. That coin was found to be worth 16-hundred dollars.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser