BOSCOBEL, Wis. - The Mississippi Valley Conservancy is continuing its mission to protect our area's natural landscape.
Thanks to a $900,000 grant from the Wisconsin DNR, the organzation purchased a nearly 400 acre property near Boscobel.
The land is open for public recreation, including hiking, cross-country skiing and hunting.
The seller says this will fulfill his father's wish to preserve the 'Boscobel Bluffs' as a safe habitat for many rare and endangered species of flowers and animals.
This is the second largest purchase of land by MVC in 16 years and the second largest nature preserve the organization currently owns.20900618
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership