BOSCOBEL, Wis. - The Mississippi Valley Conservancy is continuing its mission to protect our area's natural landscape.
Thanks to a $900,000 grant from the Wisconsin DNR, the organzation purchased a nearly 400 acre property near Boscobel.
The land is open for public recreation, including hiking, cross-country skiing and hunting.
The seller says this will fulfill his father's wish to preserve the 'Boscobel Bluffs' as a safe habitat for many rare and endangered species of flowers and animals.
This is the second largest purchase of land by MVC in 16 years and the second largest nature preserve the organization currently owns.20900618
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest