LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Students attending Northside Elementary in La Crosse next fall are not only getting a new school, but a new song to go with it.
The school brought in two musicians to learn about the school and then write a song about it.
The duo worked with students Wednesday from about 9 a.m. until it was finished Wednesday afternoon.
Northside Elementary will be a mix of both Roosevelt and Franklin Elementary when it opens in September.
The song hopes to find common ground between the two schools which will soon be combined under one roof.
"It seems that the main themes have to do with both unity and a focus on compassion and kindness of learning as well as just general academic achievement," said musician Stuart Stotts.
The song will debut Thursday night at Northside Elementary at 6 p.m. for students and their family to hear.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks