LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Bicycles helped power the Downtown Sound Music Festival in La Crosse.
The event featured a bicycle powered stage and is held in conjunction with the La Crosse Area Bicycle Festival.
The music festival has two days of free music on Pearl Street as well as four nights of music in downtown bars.
This is the fourth year of the event and organizers say the surrounding businesses fully support the festival. "We go around the block and ask for permission and what they think about us closing the street for a couple of days, and they all say yes, go ahead, it's a fun thing, it's family friendly and it's good for a lot of the businesses, it brings more people down," said Mike Keil who helped organize the event.
- The Latest: Teens in Wisconsin plane crash identified
- The Latest: Teen plane crash survivor in serious condition
- Wisconsin seeks to be first to drug test Medicaid applicants
- Wisconsin woman jumps on hood of her SUV to prevent theft
- Minneapolis plastic bag ban could be blocked
- Task force catches more criminals exploiting children online
- Locomotive engine oil spill in Jackson county
- Iowa man accused of stealing from ailing dad gets probation
- Parents of malnourished teen found dead plead not guilty
- Fiserv CEO top paid executive in Wisconsin