LA CROSSE, WI - A motorcyclist is dead after losing control of his bike while trying to avoid a deer.
The State Patrol says it happened at 5:15 Tuesday night on Oakridge Road, about half a mile north of highway 27 in Jackson County.
The rider was alone on the bike, swerved to avoid hitting a deer, and tipped over. He was thrown from the motorcycle and slid on the road.
The rider died while being airlifted to a hospital.
His name has not been released.21877960
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.