HUDSON, Wis. (AP) - The mother of three girls who were killed by their father in northwestern Wisconsin says she was worried about leaving the children alone in his care.
Jessica Schaffhausen testified for a second day in St. Croix County Circuit Court where jurors will decide whether her ex-husband, Aaron Schaffhausen, was sane when he killed 11-year-old Amara, 8-year-old Sophie and 5-year-old Cecilia.
Schaffhausen testified that if left alone in the care of her husband, she worried he would forget to feed them or put them to bed on time.
KSTP-TV reports Schaffhausen said her husband stopped talking to their children in October of 2011 after moving to North Dakota for work, but told the jury that he would call her up to 30 times a day to harass her.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser