HUDSON, Wis. (AP) - The mother of three girls who were killed by their father in northwestern Wisconsin says she was worried about leaving the children alone in his care.
Jessica Schaffhausen testified for a second day in St. Croix County Circuit Court where jurors will decide whether her ex-husband, Aaron Schaffhausen, was sane when he killed 11-year-old Amara, 8-year-old Sophie and 5-year-old Cecilia.
Schaffhausen testified that if left alone in the care of her husband, she worried he would forget to feed them or put them to bed on time.
KSTP-TV reports Schaffhausen said her husband stopped talking to their children in October of 2011 after moving to North Dakota for work, but told the jury that he would call her up to 30 times a day to harass her.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure