ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - Mother Nature is causing more work for construction workers as it delays another project in Onalaska.
The construction at the intersection of Midwest Drive and Theater Road by Goodwill and Mayo Health System was supposed to be completed Friday. Due to the amount of rain the city received this week, however, completion on the project has been delayed until 6 a.m. Tuesday.
The intersection has been under construction since the beginning of April for the installation of a new traffic light.
Onalaska City Engineer Jarrod Holter says they take rain delays into consideration when planning the construction schedule, but Mother Nature just didn't let up this time.
"The contractor had the paving crew there both days, but they could not get a big enough window to pave," said Holter. "They didn't want to get started and have to stop and then end up with a product that isn't as good as what we want."
Holter says crews started paving the road today and if the weather continues to cooperate, they will start striping the road tomorrow.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US