ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - Mother Nature is causing more work for construction workers as it delays another project in Onalaska.
The construction at the intersection of Midwest Drive and Theater Road by Goodwill and Mayo Health System was supposed to be completed Friday. Due to the amount of rain the city received this week, however, completion on the project has been delayed until 6 a.m. Tuesday.
The intersection has been under construction since the beginning of April for the installation of a new traffic light.
Onalaska City Engineer Jarrod Holter says they take rain delays into consideration when planning the construction schedule, but Mother Nature just didn't let up this time.
"The contractor had the paving crew there both days, but they could not get a big enough window to pave," said Holter. "They didn't want to get started and have to stop and then end up with a product that isn't as good as what we want."
Holter says crews started paving the road today and if the weather continues to cooperate, they will start striping the road tomorrow.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration