LA CROSSE, Wis. - A couple more rounds of showers and thunderstorms are set to move across the News 8 viewing area Monday afternoon.
StormTeam 8 Meteorologist Bill Graul says the first round of thunderstorms could strike midday and into Monday afternoon. A second round of thunderstorms is likely later Monday night into early Tuesday.
Graul says these storms could again produce heavy rain, which has prompted the National Weather Service (NWS) to issue a FLASH FLOOD WATCH for most of the News 8 area from Noon Monday through Tuesday morning. 1"-3" or more of rain could fall during this time frame, which would worsen the ongoing flooding and cause additional flash flooding.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviormental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game