LA CROSSE, WI - A 46-year-old La Crosse man has been charged with two drug-related counts after La Crosse police executed a search warrant at 1309 Redfield Street Thursday morning.
Vincent Hudson was charged Monday afternoon in La Crosse County Court with possession with intent to deliver heroin (>10 – 50G) and maintaining a drug trafficking place.
A confidential informant helped set up a sting operation at 1309 Redfield Street. The criminal complaint states the informant picked up Nicholas Fitzpatrick at 407 Liberty Street and then went to 1309 Redfield Street where the informant bought heroin with pre-recorded police buy money. During a traffic stop, the informant handed over a box of cigarettes that contained a torn corner baggie of heroin.
During a police interview, Fitzpatrick admitted he delivered heroin and he purchased it from Hudson inside 1309 Redfield Street.22681396
Upon executing a search warrant, La Crosse police found two bags of heroin on Hudson and another bag in the bedroom that tested positive for the presence of heroin. The complaint states police also found numerous torn corner baggies and other plastic baggies used for the packaging of controlled substances. An AWS scale was found in the kitchen and $8,474 cash was found in the dresser drawer of one of the bedrooms.
During an interview with La Crosse police, Hudson admitted to selling heroin and admitted that the heroin that was located on his person, he intended to deliver. He told police he had been selling heroin for 3 to 3 ½ months and it took him 3-4 weeks to make $8,000. He admitted that all of the heroin in the house belonged to him.
On Friday, a La Crosse County judge set a $2,500 cash bond for Vincent Hudson; $2,500 cash bond for Fitzpatrick; and a $1,000 signature bond for Levine Hudson.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration