MONROE COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - The public is invited to attend a Monroe County Sheriff Candidates forum hosted by the Tomah Chamber of Commerce on Tuesday, June 3.
The event will be held at the Ground Round Grill and Bar at 12 p.m. in the banquet room. Candidates former Tomah Police Chief Wes Revels and Monroe County Sheriff's Department Sergeant Scott Perkins will both be in attendance.
"Our intent is to poll the candidates on the many policing and safety issues important to the Chamber and our county," Chamber Executive Director Chris Hanson said in a statement. "I would imagine we will see questions about the candidates' qualifications and experience, business concerns in Monroe County, the department's community outreach, crime concerns in the region and several questions from the floor."
La Crosse Tribune/Tomah Journal Editor Chris Hardie will be the moderator and ask questions from the Chamber's Government Action Committee and questions from the floor. Each candidate will have a timed opportunity to answer the question.
Reservations are required and a deli-sandwich will be served by the Ground Round for $10. Admission to the forum is open to the public with a paid lunch. To make a reservation or for more information, contact Chris Hanson at the Tomah Chamber of Commerce at (608) 372-2166.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns