MONROE COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - The public is invited to attend a Monroe County Sheriff Candidates forum hosted by the Tomah Chamber of Commerce on Tuesday, June 3.
The event will be held at the Ground Round Grill and Bar at 12 p.m. in the banquet room. Candidates former Tomah Police Chief Wes Revels and Monroe County Sheriff's Department Sergeant Scott Perkins will both be in attendance.
"Our intent is to poll the candidates on the many policing and safety issues important to the Chamber and our county," Chamber Executive Director Chris Hanson said in a statement. "I would imagine we will see questions about the candidates' qualifications and experience, business concerns in Monroe County, the department's community outreach, crime concerns in the region and several questions from the floor."
La Crosse Tribune/Tomah Journal Editor Chris Hardie will be the moderator and ask questions from the Chamber's Government Action Committee and questions from the floor. Each candidate will have a timed opportunity to answer the question.
Reservations are required and a deli-sandwich will be served by the Ground Round for $10. Admission to the forum is open to the public with a paid lunch. To make a reservation or for more information, contact Chris Hanson at the Tomah Chamber of Commerce at (608) 372-2166.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners