MONROE COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - A 19-year-old man died from being struck in the head by a tow strap while attempting to free a tractor that was stuck in the mud, according to the Monroe County Sheriff's Office.
The Sheriff's Office was called at about 8 p.m. on Friday, August 22 on CTH V in the Township of Wellington.
On Tuesday, the Sheriff's Office released the name of the victim, Aaron Brockman from New Lisbon. The incident is still under investigation.
The Kendall Fire Department, Elroy Ambulance Service and the Monroe County 911 Communication Center assisted the Monroe County Sheriff's Office with this incident.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion