MONROE COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - A 19-year-old man died from being struck in the head by a tow strap while attempting to free a tractor that was stuck in the mud, according to the Monroe County Sheriff's Office.
The Sheriff's Office was called at about 8 p.m. on Friday, August 22 on CTH V in the Township of Wellington.
On Tuesday, the Sheriff's Office released the name of the victim, Aaron Brockman from New Lisbon. The incident is still under investigation.
The Kendall Fire Department, Elroy Ambulance Service and the Monroe County 911 Communication Center assisted the Monroe County Sheriff's Office with this incident.
- Spike in attempted suicides at La Crosse's Juvenile Detention Facility prompts changes
- Teen dies in Vernon County hunting accident
- Police and Fire Commission to vote on new Fire Chief Wednesday
- Walker defends property tax cut, issues veto threat
- Road for UWL ends at NCAA III Midwest Regional title game
- Downtown businesses ask for changes to weekend street parking rules
- WisCorps launching new Inclusive Crew
- Lane closures coming to I-90 on Dresbach Bridge
- ‘Click It or Ticket' regional campaign begins in Minnesota
- La Crescent High School students recognized for effort to make roads safer