MONROE COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - A naked man found walking in the snow in the Township of Bryon was transported to an area hospital with life-threatening injuries, according to the Monroe County Sheriff's Department.
Authorities said they were notified at about 4 p.m. on Thursday that a man was walking near the area of Essex Ave. near Ocean Spray in the Township of Byron.
Deputies called the Oakdale Fire Department and the Wisconsin DNR to help them search for the man. Weather conditions were dangerously cold due to wind chills at the time of the search. Deputies found the man's footprints in the snow and began tracking the man and noticed blood in the snow.23983140
Search crews found the man at .6 miles east of the Americold Plant on Essex Ave. along the Union Pacific Railroad tracks. Deputies used liners from their coats and a face mask to help protect the man from the weather until EMS personnel could arrive at CTH N. The man was transported to Tomah Memorial Hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Authorities are still investigating this incident. Stay with News 8 and News8000.com as more information becomes available.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser