MONROE COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - A naked man found walking in the snow in the Township of Bryon was transported to an area hospital with life-threatening injuries, according to the Monroe County Sheriff's Department.
Authorities said they were notified at about 4 p.m. on Thursday that a man was walking near the area of Essex Ave. near Ocean Spray in the Township of Byron.
Deputies called the Oakdale Fire Department and the Wisconsin DNR to help them search for the man. Weather conditions were dangerously cold due to wind chills at the time of the search. Deputies found the man's footprints in the snow and began tracking the man and noticed blood in the snow.23983140
Search crews found the man at .6 miles east of the Americold Plant on Essex Ave. along the Union Pacific Railroad tracks. Deputies used liners from their coats and a face mask to help protect the man from the weather until EMS personnel could arrive at CTH N. The man was transported to Tomah Memorial Hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Authorities are still investigating this incident. Stay with News 8 and News8000.com as more information becomes available.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Minnesota city to unleash goats on invasive plants