LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The Vernon County Sheriff says 24-year-old Leah M. Morgan has been arrested without incident in La Crosse.
Morgan has been serving time in the Vernon County jail for theft and criminal damage to property. She was out on work release on New Year's Day, and didn't return.
The La Crosse Police Department took Morgan into custody on Saturday morning in the 1900 block of Miller Street, after the Vernon County Sheriff's Office issued a felony arrest warrant for escape.
Vernon County Sheriff John Spears, thanks La Crosse Police and the public for the information that led to her arrest.23900286
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Injured Packers Nelson, Adams could be game-time decisions
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says