LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The Vernon County Sheriff says 24-year-old Leah M. Morgan has been arrested without incident in La Crosse.
Morgan has been serving time in the Vernon County jail for theft and criminal damage to property. She was out on work release on New Year's Day, and didn't return.
The La Crosse Police Department took Morgan into custody on Saturday morning in the 1900 block of Miller Street, after the Vernon County Sheriff's Office issued a felony arrest warrant for escape.
Vernon County Sheriff John Spears, thanks La Crosse Police and the public for the information that led to her arrest.23900286
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking
- Cool, wet conditions put damper on Minnesota spring planting
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Teacher pleads not guilty to failure to report sex abuse
- Authorities ID man whose body was found in Des Moines River
- Minnesota man accused of trying to kidnap woman
- Local students compete in dairy cook off