LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A missing La Crosse boater was found safe Wednesday afternoon.
A 50-year-old La Crosse man took his boat out on Tuesday at about 11 a.m. and did not return home, La Crosse police told News 8.
The man's wife had not heard from her husband, so she called La Crosse police to report a missing person Wednesday afternoon. The husband did not have a cell phone with him. When crews arrived on scene, they found a vehicle and trailer, but no boat.
Emergency crews started searching for the man near the La Crosse Municipal Boat Harbor at about 1:30 p.m. Wednesday. The La Crosse Police and Fire Departments, Wisconsin DNR and the La Crosse Dive Unit helped with the search.
At about 3 p.m., crews got word that the man was found safe at the Kwik Trip in Stoddard. Police said the man's motor broke down and he drifted to shore.
- Holmen homicide suspect pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Turnout hits 8 percent in Wisconsin superintendent race
- Powerball jackpot tops $400 million for 1st time in months
- Senate panel inches Sunday liquor sales forward
- Bipartisan support for Wisconsin bill helping terminally ill
- Walker's evangelical Alaskan cruise canceled
- Email shows Holtz was counting on 'reform group' to help
- Minnesota man gets 2 year sentence for lying in terror case
- House speaker getting firsthand look at US-Mexico border
- Vets warn eliminating prevailing wage will cost jobs