LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A missing La Crosse boater was found safe Wednesday afternoon.
A 50-year-old La Crosse man took his boat out on Tuesday at about 11 a.m. and did not return home, La Crosse police told News 8.
The man's wife had not heard from her husband, so she called La Crosse police to report a missing person Wednesday afternoon. The husband did not have a cell phone with him. When crews arrived on scene, they found a vehicle and trailer, but no boat.
Emergency crews started searching for the man near the La Crosse Municipal Boat Harbor at about 1:30 p.m. Wednesday. The La Crosse Police and Fire Departments, Wisconsin DNR and the La Crosse Dive Unit helped with the search.
At about 3 p.m., crews got word that the man was found safe at the Kwik Trip in Stoddard. Police said the man's motor broke down and he drifted to shore.
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Rail tank car helps first responders prepare in case of derailment
- Locomotive engine oil spill in Jackson county
- The Latest: Teens in Wisconsin plane crash identified
- The Latest: Teen plane crash survivor in serious condition
- Wisconsin seeks to be first to drug test Medicaid applicants
- Wisconsin woman jumps on hood of her SUV to prevent theft
- Minneapolis plastic bag ban could be blocked
- Task force catches more criminals exploiting children online