LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A missing La Crosse boater was found safe Wednesday afternoon.
A 50-year-old La Crosse man took his boat out on Tuesday at about 11 a.m. and did not return home, La Crosse police told News 8.
The man's wife had not heard from her husband, so she called La Crosse police to report a missing person Wednesday afternoon. The husband did not have a cell phone with him. When crews arrived on scene, they found a vehicle and trailer, but no boat.
Emergency crews started searching for the man near the La Crosse Municipal Boat Harbor at about 1:30 p.m. Wednesday. The La Crosse Police and Fire Departments, Wisconsin DNR and the La Crosse Dive Unit helped with the search.
At about 3 p.m., crews got word that the man was found safe at the Kwik Trip in Stoddard. Police said the man's motor broke down and he drifted to shore.
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests