BLACK RIVER FALLS, Wis. (WKBT) - Officials in Jackson County say high waters are receding after last week's heavy rain.
The missing gate that flood waters ripped from the Black River Dam is now partially visible downriver.
Crews are working on getting a temporary gate put in place, but that process could take some time before the new gate is approved for installation.
Officials say the Black River is now considered navigable for boats, but warn that debris like large trees may still be in the water.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.