BLACK RIVER FALLS, Wis. (WKBT) - Officials in Jackson County say high waters are receding after last week's heavy rain.
The missing gate that flood waters ripped from the Black River Dam is now partially visible downriver.
Crews are working on getting a temporary gate put in place, but that process could take some time before the new gate is approved for installation.
Officials say the Black River is now considered navigable for boats, but warn that debris like large trees may still be in the water.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather