MILWAUKEE (AP) - A Minneapolis couple has donated about $8 million to Marquette University in Milwaukee to establish a journalism fellowship.
Peter and Patricia Frechette made the donation in honor of Patricia's parents, Perry and Alicia O'Brien, who graduated from Marquette in the 1930s. Perry O'Brien was a longtime reporter with the Janesville Gazette and WCLO radio.
The partnership with the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel is aimed at bringing journalists from all different types of media to Marquette for an academic year to work with students on in-depth public service journalism projects.
The fellowship begins this fall.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota governor eyes fast return to work after collapse
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child arrested in NY
- Section of riverbank collapses near City Hall in Des Moines
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore