MILWAUKEE (AP) - A Minneapolis couple has donated about $8 million to Marquette University in Milwaukee to establish a journalism fellowship.
Peter and Patricia Frechette made the donation in honor of Patricia's parents, Perry and Alicia O'Brien, who graduated from Marquette in the 1930s. Perry O'Brien was a longtime reporter with the Janesville Gazette and WCLO radio.
The partnership with the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel is aimed at bringing journalists from all different types of media to Marquette for an academic year to work with students on in-depth public service journalism projects.
The fellowship begins this fall.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure