MILWAUKEE (AP) - Milwaukee police say an officer has shot and wounded a driver who allegedly rammed the officer's squad car while attempting to flee.
The shooting happed Monday evening, the same day a Wauwatosa police officer was found shot to death.
The police department says officers spotted a truck they believed was stolen. After the officers followed the truck into an alley the driver tried to make a U-turn and rammed the driver's side of the squad car.
Police say the suspect backed up and tried to ram the car again. The officer fired his gun, grazing the truck driver. Her injuries aren't believed to be life-threatening.
The 31-year-old suspect was arrested on tentative charges of recklessly endangering safety.
The office was placed on administrative duty, which is standard procedure.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure