MILWAUKEE (AP) - Police say a Milwaukee officer has shot and killed a man armed with a knife.
Police say they were called to a residence on the city's northwest side about 8 p.m. Wednesday where a man was threatening suicide. Officers say they ordered the 45-year-old man to drop the knife, but he refused.
A 29-year-old officer with three years on the force shot and killed the man. The officer has been assigned to desk duty.
Police say officers were not injured.
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton says he will finish his term despite being diagnosed with prostate cancer
- A woman was arrested in Black Hills after abducting her kids
- Wisconsin manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Community Closings & Delays due to approaching storm
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked
- Bipartisan proposal would eliminate publishing minutes
- House committee approves bill that would charge protesters
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups