MILWAUKEE (AP) - Police say a Milwaukee officer has shot and killed a man armed with a knife.
Police say they were called to a residence on the city's northwest side about 8 p.m. Wednesday where a man was threatening suicide. Officers say they ordered the 45-year-old man to drop the knife, but he refused.
A 29-year-old officer with three years on the force shot and killed the man. The officer has been assigned to desk duty.
Police say officers were not injured.
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance