MILWAUKEE (AP) - A 7-year-old boy injured in a Milwaukee house fire over the weekend has died.
The Milwaukee County medical examiner's office has confirmed that Miguel Quintanilla died Sunday after he was pulled from the burning house at around 7:45 a.m. Saturday.
Police say the boy's grandfather who lived in the lower part of the house escaped, but moments later realized the boy was still upstairs. Firefighters then went in for the boy.
The boy suffered smoke inhalation and was revived twice before being transported to the hospital. He died Sunday afternoon after surviving overnight on life support.
According to firefighters, there were no working smoke detectors in the house.
Police say the fire may be the result of an electrical failure but authorities are still investigating.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks