MILWAUKEE (AP) -- A Milwaukee high school singer is going to the Grammys.
Felix Ramsey is one of eight students from across the country invited to attend the ceremony and perform at the official afterparty.
The 17-year-old tenor from the Milwaukee High School of the Arts was selected for the week-long "GRAMMY Camp - Jazz Session." It features 30 high school students from 30 cities. They will perform at a number of Grammy week events.
Ramsey says he is blessed to have such an opportunity.
He was previously invited to perform with the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra and the San Diego Symphony Orchestra. He was also invited to Hollywood to compete for a spot as a finalist on the last season's American Idol.
The Grammys will be held next Sunday.
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Monday closings due to weather
- Tomah police asking for help following morning high-speed chase
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser