MILWAUKEE (AP) -- A Milwaukee high school singer is going to the Grammys.
Felix Ramsey is one of eight students from across the country invited to attend the ceremony and perform at the official afterparty.
The 17-year-old tenor from the Milwaukee High School of the Arts was selected for the week-long "GRAMMY Camp - Jazz Session." It features 30 high school students from 30 cities. They will perform at a number of Grammy week events.
Ramsey says he is blessed to have such an opportunity.
He was previously invited to perform with the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra and the San Diego Symphony Orchestra. He was also invited to Hollywood to compete for a spot as a finalist on the last season's American Idol.
The Grammys will be held next Sunday.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- La Crosse 12-year-old to clean up skate park with community help
- Thousands honored in La Crosse for volunteering
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition