MILWAUKEE (AP) - A Milwaukee center that serves nearly 100 low-income people with HIV/AIDS has received a federal grant worth $1.4 million.
The grant was announced this week for the Aids Resource Center of Wisconsin. The money is intended to help the center provide its clients with stable housing, support services and job training.
The funding is from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. HUD says a stable living environment is essential in helping patients access health care and HIV-related services.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US