MILWAUKEE (AP) - A Milwaukee center that serves nearly 100 low-income people with HIV/AIDS has received a federal grant worth $1.4 million.
The grant was announced this week for the Aids Resource Center of Wisconsin. The money is intended to help the center provide its clients with stable housing, support services and job training.
The funding is from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. HUD says a stable living environment is essential in helping patients access health care and HIV-related services.
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Fort Lauderdale shooter says he carried out attack for ISIS, FBI claims
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts