BLAIR, Wis. (WKBT) - A soldier from Kentucky and his K-9 partner are showing area students a different side to the army.
Staff Sergeant Jonathan Rose from Fort Campbell Kentucky brought his partner "Sigi" to Blair-Taylor High School Monday to show students all the different jobs the Army has to offer.
Sergeant Rose, who is part of the military's K-9 unit, showed off his partners field commands while showing students joining the Army isn't what it used to be. "There is more than just you know, regular stuff in the Army, that the Army does have you know, other cool and fun jobs to do besides the regular infantry mechanic or cook or whatever," said Staff Sgt. Rose.
Sergeant Rose has been part of the military's K-9 unit for past 6 years.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Icy weather brings danger
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin