MILWAUKEE (AP) - A military police officer stationed in Washington state has been extradited to Wisconsin where she's accused of aiding her husband in hiding the body of his half-brother.
Sheriff's officials say 26-year-old Shannon Remus was booked into the Dane County Jail late Thursday night on a felony charge of hiding a corpse. Remus waived extradition from Washington's Pierce County.
Remus is a U.S. Army police officer who was arrested Tuesday at the Lewis-McChord military base. Her husband, 28-year-old Jeffrey Vogelsberg, is charged in Wisconsin with torturing and killing Matthew Graville in Mazomanie last summer.
After Vogelsberg was arrested he told detectives he brought Remus to the secret burial site in some woods. Remus denies being at the burial site.
- Court: Police can take blood from unconscious drivers
- Changes sought to Wisconsin bill to help terminally ill
- Madison police investigate homicide on east side
- Wednesday deadline for Rochester student immunizations
- Trempealeau Co. K-9 leads to pair of drug arrests in one day
- U'Ren family wants drivers to learn lesson in tragedy after fatal crash
- Fire damages Winona business
- Psychologist says La Crosse man not competent to stand trial
- News 8 Highlight Zone - February 28, 2017
- No. 24 Iowa State holds off Oklahoma State 86-83