MILWAUKEE (AP) - A military police officer stationed in Washington state has been extradited to Wisconsin where she's accused of aiding her husband in hiding the body of his half-brother.
Sheriff's officials say 26-year-old Shannon Remus was booked into the Dane County Jail late Thursday night on a felony charge of hiding a corpse. Remus waived extradition from Washington's Pierce County.
Remus is a U.S. Army police officer who was arrested Tuesday at the Lewis-McChord military base. Her husband, 28-year-old Jeffrey Vogelsberg, is charged in Wisconsin with torturing and killing Matthew Graville in Mazomanie last summer.
After Vogelsberg was arrested he told detectives he brought Remus to the secret burial site in some woods. Remus denies being at the burial site.
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- Competency hearing sought for Iowan accused of voting twice
- Fiberglass fire causes neighborhood evacuation
- Republican lawmakers differ on state superintendent race