FOND DU LAC, Wis. (AP) - Boat engine builder Mercury Marine is investing $20 million in two expansion projects in Wisconsin.
The company is adding on to two plants in Fond du Lac. The Reporter Media reports construction has already started and is expected to be done by December.
Mercury Marine is adding 20,000 square feet at one plant to house horizontal machining equipment and 18,000 square feet at a casting facility to house high-pressure die-cast machines. Some equipment will be installed this year, with more coming in the following two years.
Mercury Marine President Mark Schwabero says it's seeing stronger demand as the boating industry slowly rebounds.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building